Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Host Family!

It has now been over a week since I have been living with my host family! I live in a neighborhood called Liberté 1 and it is about a 40 minute walk from the research center where we take some of our classes, and from there it is only about a ten minute walk to the university. It was just me and my host mother Therèse for quite some time.  We spent a lot of time chatting about politics here in Senegal.  She also likes to watch a lot of Brazilian soap operas dubbed in French which are always amusing.  Now Joseph is home from Touba so that's been pretty cool.  He is 25 and works as an electrician in the city.  The neighborhood that we live in is pretty cool.  Right outside my house is a miniature sand soccer field so there are always a bunch of kids running around.  Above is a picture of our backyard that should have a bunch of delicious mangos in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers